Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives. Govt is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants. SSC CGL 2017 NOTIFICATION OUT CHEAK OUT NEW CHANGES
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
Assistant Section Officer OF Central Secretariat Service
Assistant Section Officer of Intelligence Bureau
Assistant Section Officer of Ministry of Railway
Assistant Section Officer of Ministry of External Affairs
and many more………………..
The SSC CGL 2017 notification has been out. Keep visiting this page for more information. SSC CGL 2017 NOTIFICATION OUT CHEAK OUT NEW CHANGES
The application must be submitted through online mode only. Application Fee & Mode of Payment: Rs. 100 (One hundred only) Candidate may note that only online applications will be accepted at www.ssconline.nic.in. All Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee, as per extant government orders. SSC CGL 2017 NOTIFICATION OUT CHEAK OUT NEW CHANGES
The Central Government has announced that the vacancy will announced before 1 month of tier 4.
The tentative schedule for the SSC CGL 2017 exam is as follows. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CGL Exam 2017 and make sure to complete the process in time.
|Application form will be available from||16th May 2017|
|Last date for registration||16th June 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam||1st Aug to 20th Aug 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam||10th-11th November 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam||21st January 2018|
|Skill Test/Computer Skill Test||February 2018|
The list of exam centres for SSC CGL Exam 2017 will be released along with the official notification on May 16th, 2017
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. The exam is held in 4 stages called Tiers. While the first two are online the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CGL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CGL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
Examination will comprise of a Computer Based Examination for Tier-I and Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-III and paper-IV), written descriptive examination for Tier-III and CPT/DEST/Document verification for Tier-IV.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. Exam Pattern – The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable
Since the SSC CGL is comprised of 4 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200|
• Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
• Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
• Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
• There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
• Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
• The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board.
• The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. It is conducted offline and candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10+2 level.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2017 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): This skill test is of qualifying nature for all the posts, other than Compiler, and is used to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given printed matter in English which they must accurately type on a computer with a minimum of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions in a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
SSC CGL exam preparation must be done in a systematic manner, with latest exam pattern in mind. Since the syllabus covers a lot of topics, it is important to choose the right study material so that you can understand the concepts and practice a wide variety of questions as well. Apart from self study you can join any Coaching and Online Test Series for better exam preparation.
Career Power classroom programs are most exhaustive coaching Programme in Banking and SSC verticals across India. Out of every 5 classroom students of Career Power, 3 got selected for Banking or SSC jobs in 2015-16.
Career Power provides Online Test Series for various Bank & SSC exams (like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, IBPS, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SBI, RBI, NABARD etc), which are well-researched and closely emulate the exact exam pattern. Practice papers are prepared keeping in the mind the last years exam pattern and exptected changed in the pattern and level of questions.
There are 4 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2017. The 4 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit: There are different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2017, which are tabulated below:
|Required Age Limit||SSC CGL Post Name|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer
Sub-Inspector (Group “B”)
|21-27 years||Intelligence Bureau Assistant Post|
|20-30 years||Inspector of Income Tax
Inspector of Central Excise
Inspector (Preventive officer)
Upper Division Clerk
Inspector (CBN) Compiler
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Sub-Inspector (CBN) Inspector of Posts
|Not exceeding 30 years||Assistant Audit Officer
Assistant Enforcement Officer7
|Up to 32 years||Statistical Investigator Gr. II|
|18-25 years||Sub-Inspector (Group “C”)|
The Government has also provided for Age relaxation for some categories
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications varies according to the post for SSC CGL 2017 and is listed below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
The online application for SSC CGL 2017 exam will begin after the release of the official notification. The last date to apply online is 16th June, 2017
• The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
• Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
• Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
• To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
• Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
Every candidate who registers for SSC CGL Exam 2017 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for SSC CGL 2017. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the results in four stages after completion of each Tier Exam. The candidates selected in the rounds progress to the next one. Candidates can check the result from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
Have a look at the cut-off for SSC CGL exams over the previous years:
|Cut off Marks||137.5||125.5||114||103||97||68||20||92||—|
|Cut off Marks||102.25||89.5||80.25||74.25||69||50||20||67.75||—|
The official answer key to the SSC CGL Tier-1 exam is released by Staff Selection Commission within 10 to 15 days of the successful completion of Tier-1 exam. Candidates can use the answer key to calculate their approximate marks and expected ranks in SSC CGL Tier-1 exam.